RESULTS: This fundraiser sold 1,834 pints of beer, plus side events at The Cellar on Treadwell, Aunt Chiladas Mexican Restaurant & Odie’s Place netted another $1,000.
$2.834 was deposited into the Animal Shelter Gift Fund.
Our animal shelter initiative embarks on its most ambitious promotion to date. Fifteen unaffiliated merchants, in 3 towns, will join forces during the entire month of April to raise awareness & funds for this long-elusive project. For every pint and/or can of the craft beer, Baby Kittens, sold at participating merchants, $1 will be donated to Hamden’s Animal Shelter Gift Fund.
Baby Kittens, a New England Hazy IPA, is a product of the Fat Orange Cat Brewing Company. It is locally produced by the event sponsor Twelve Percent Beer Project, 341 State St. (just north of Sackett Point Rd.), North Haven.
Gimme Shelter acknowledges progress in Connecticut’s Covid-19 rebound, but realizes that the days of returning to large room fundraisers is still not here yet. By stretching this out over the entire month of April, participants can engage at a level they feel comfortable with. Patrons are encouraged to check with individual establishments about any take-out or delivery options with food orders.
- pizza – Italian specialties – sports bar
- 243 State St (at Dixwell) North Haven 06473
- draft beer – American comfort food – sports pub
- 2100 Dixwell Ave (Hamden Plaza) Hamden 06514
- gourmet tapas and wine bar
- 1832 Dixwell Ave (across from Home Depot) Hamden 06514
- local pub – QU haunt
- 3307 Whitney Ave (at Sherman Ave.) Hamden 06518
- Sushi – Chinese – Japanese
- 1720 Dixwell Ave (across from Mather St.) Hamden 06514
- restaurant – bar – music venue
- 295 Treadwell St (formerly the Outer Space) Hamden 06514
- unpretentious neighborhood gin joint
- 1435 Dixwell Ave (corner of Oregon Ave.) Hamden 06514
- American fare with traditional Irish specialties
- 1232 Whitney Ave (corner of Putnam Ave) Hamden 06517